McGown & Markling attorneys represent clients in all facets of the construction process—from property acquisition to post-construction dispute resolution.
Our attorneys provide the legal services to ensure compliance with all applicable statutory requirements, appropriate decision-making, and successful completion of the project. These legal services include, but are not limited to:
• Guiding all interested parties through the process of selecting an architect, including appropriate board resolutions, notices, advertisements and requests for proposals.
• Negotiating a fair and reasonable fee for architectural services and preparing a final agreement
• Preparing all necessary resolutions for approval at each stage of the project design process.
• Preparing all construction contract documents.
• Working with the architect to answer all legal questions regarding bids and performance bonds submitted, or determination of the lowest responsible bidders for each bid package
• Addressing legal questions that arise during the construction phase of the project, including issues related to bid disputes, construction claims, and change orders.
• Working with the organization to resolve any issues before formal dispute resolution or litigation proceedings are necessary, and handle dispute resolution through mediation, litigation, or arbitration.