The Ohio Department of Education (ODE) recently announced its new website page dedicated to publicizing resources for families of students with disabilities. Helpful aspects of the page include:
- A new Evaluation Roadmap to help families envision what they can expect if their children may need additional supports or Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), including key timelines, links to key documents schools must use, and supporting information for each step.
- Assistance with issues such as resolving concerns with a school district, concerns related to special education, and information regarding parent rights in special education.
- Links for parents in need of one-on-one assistance such as parent mentors, the OCECD for training and information, and early intervention assistance.
- Recommendations of other organizations with resources and information, including OCALI and the Ohio Statewide Family Engagement Center at The Ohio State University
- Early Childhood and Preschool links.
- Literacy ideas, tips, and activities.
ODE says the page will be updated regularly with new information as it becomes available.
To access the web page, click here.
Authors: Matthew John Markling and the McGown & Markling Team.
Note: This blog entry does not constitute – nor does it contain – legal advice. Legal jurisprudence is like the always-changing Midwestern weather. As a result, this single blog entry cannot substitute for consultation with a McGown & Markling attorney. If legal advice is needed with respect to a specific factual situation, please feel free to contact a McGown & Markling attorney.