Susan McGown is a founding director of McGown & Markling, which is a statewide law firm representing public entities, officials, and employees throughout Ohio in diverse practice areas.
While Susan is not taking new clients and serves the McGown & Markling team in a consultative role, her legal peers have consistently selected her as one of The Best Lawyers in America® in the specialty of Education Law.
Susan served as a school psychologist and coordinator of special education for various Ohio school districts, as well as an adjunct faculty member for the University of Akron School of Law. Susan has also given countless presentations on education law throughout her legal career.
Susan enjoys travel, gardening, and outdoor activities. Her passion for the outdoors and the environment has led her to serving as a volunteer for Cuyahoga Valley National Park, attaining certification as an Ohio Certified Volunteer Naturalist and becoming a Summit County Master Gardener Volunteer.
- Cornell University, B.A., 1975
- Kent State University, M.Ed., 1976
- Kent State University, Ed.S., 1977
- University of Akron, J.D., 1988
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Education Law Committee
- The Ohio Supreme Court
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- The United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio