Sean Koran is a director with McGown & Markling team. As a collegiate runner competing in track and field and cross-country, Sean earned both All-Conference and Academic All-Conference honors. He brings that same combination of hard work, dedication, and discipline to the practice of law. Sean is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that our clients receive timely and effective representation.
Sean regularly counsels public entities, officials, and employees on a wide range of legal areas such as education law, special education, labor and employment, contracts, policies, real property taxation, pupil services, construction, and Ohio Sunshine Laws. He routinely represents clients in litigation and administrative proceedings throughout Ohio. Sean has successfully represented numerous clients in federal and state courts, against charges filed with the Ohio Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and in proceedings before the Ohio Department of Education and the United States Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights. His work has involved Section 1983 lawsuits, constitutional claims, discrimination issues, contractual disputes, personal injury defense, and special education due process hearings.
In his free time, Sean enjoys running and spending time with his wife Jenni and their two dogs, as well as working on home improvement projects in his century-old house. He is also an avid fan of The Ohio State Buckeyes and all Cleveland sports.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2009, I/S: A Journal of Law and Policy for the Information Society, Issue Editor; Intellectual Property Moot Court Team; CALI Award for the highest grade in the Civil Law Practicum
- Ohio Northern University, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, with Distinction, 2006
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Education Law Committee
- Ohio Council of School Board Attorneys
- The Supreme Court of Ohio
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- The United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio