Patrick Vrobel is a director with McGown & Markling. Patrick is integral to the many successful outcomes McGown & Markling clients enjoy. Ohio public entities, officials, and employees are well served thanks to his attention to detail and dedication. Patrick works hard for clients, day and night, in many areas of law such as education law, labor and employment, pupil services, litigation, grievance arbitration, discrimination charges, policy revision, property valuation, and general consultation.
Patrick’s commitment and perseverance has always been evident. As a collegiate wrestler, he received the Herb Eisle Award in recognition of being the varsity male athlete with the highest GPA at John Carroll University. Patrick continues to bring that tenacious work ethic to his law practice.
Patrick still enjoys staying in shape and challenging himself physically, a legacy of his college wrestling days, although his three young children often have other plans. He lives in Willoughby with his wife Erin, whom he met in kindergarten. Patrick is a devoted family man. When not practicing law, he enjoys cooking for his family and catching up on the latest movies.
Awards & Accomplishments
- ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Labor & Employment Law
- Charles Auerbach Award–Outstanding Student in the Law of Evidence
- Pro Bono Community Service Award
- Public Service Award–Ohio Legal Assistance Foundation
- Note: Harnessing the Hired Guns: The Substantive Nature of Ohio Revised Code § 2743.43 under Article IV, Section 5(B) of the Ohio Constitution. Published in 21 J.L. & Health (2007-08)
- John Carroll University, B.A., summa cum laude, history, 2003
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2007
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Education Law Committee
- Ohio Council of School Board Attorneys
- DRI–The Voice of the Defense Bar
- The Ohio Supreme Court
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- The United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio