Katherine Quinn Calla is an incoming associate attorney with McGown & Markling, which is a statewide law firm representing public entities, officials, and employees throughout Ohio in diverse practice areas.
Kate sat for July 2021 Ohio State Bar Examination and is awaiting the results. Upon passing the bar examination, Kate will become an associate attorney with McGown & Markling.
During her time at Akron Law, Kate served on the Akron Law Review as both an editorial board member, in her role as Administrative Editor, as well as an Assistant Editor. Kate was a 3L class representative for the American Constitution Society, a member of the Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society and a member of the Law Association for Women. Kate was also an active student member of numerous federal, state, and local bar associations.
When Kate is not busy studying for the bar examination or volunteering, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, traveling, playing soccer, watching and attending sporting events, and hiking in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park with her dog, Koa.
Award & Accomplishments
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award Recipient: Contract Law – Fall 2018
- Gundersen Health System’s National Child Protection Center Child Advocacy Studies Certification
- The Pennsylvania State University
- College of the Liberal Arts
- Amy D. Marshall’s Stress & Relationships Research Lab, Research Assistant
- Psi Chi International Honor Society in Psychology
- Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society
- The National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- The National Society of Leadership and Success
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology (2018)
- Bachelor of Arts, Criminology (2018)
- Minor, Child Maltreatment and Advocacy Studies (2018)
- The University of Akron School of Law
- Blake McDowell Law Center
- The Akron Law Review Editorial Board
- American Constitutional Society 3L Class Representative
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society
- Law Association for Women Member
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, cum laude (2021)
- Student Member
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- Wayne County Bar Association