John T. Sulik, Jr. is an associate with McGown & Markling. John is dedicated to exploring results-based approaches in representing our clients in a multitude of practice areas such as education law, labor and employment, pupil services, litigation, grievance arbitration, discrimination charges, policy revision, property valuation, and general consultation from the boardroom to the courtroom – and even in the mediation room. John’s commitment to alternative dispute resolution principles is evidenced by the fact that he has served as a mediator in over fifty disputes over the past year.
When not actively practicing law, John engages in his stress-reducing hobby of music. During his collegiate career, John served as the Squad Leader and Band President of the University of Akron Marching Band “Ohio’s Pride.” John also displayed his spirit and jazzy side in the Blue & Gold Brass Basketball Band.
John enjoys traveling, martial arts, and time with friends and family. John has travelled to a total of 13 states, eight countries, and three different continents – with an aspiration to visit every continent. John is also a student of the martial arts and has received top ranks in multiple state and national competitions. Oh … and John is even an Eagle Scout!
Awards & Accomplishments
- Eagle Scout of the Boy Scouts of America
- Rank of Black Belt in Minna Jiu-Jitsu and Okinawa Kempo Martial Arts
- 5-year member of the University of Akron Marching Band
- 2016 KHAN Travel Abroad Student Ambassador
- University of Akron, B.A., summa cum laude, economics, 2015
- University of Akron, B.A., summa cum laude, psychology, 2015
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 2017
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- The Ohio Supreme Court