John Connor Dever is an associate with McGown & Markling. John is integral to the many successful outcomes McGown & Markling clients enjoy. John works hard for clients, day and night, in many areas of law such as education law, labor and employment, pupil services, litigation, grievance arbitration, discrimination charges, policy revision, property valuation, and general consultation.
Prior to joining McGown & Markling, John honed his policy and legislative skills while serving as an extern for the Ohio Senate in the Office of Senator Matt Huffman. John also gained vital public advocacy skills as a legal intern with the both the Franklin County Public Defender and Franklin County Prosecutor.
When not practicing law, John is a trivia expert in training. John also enjoys playing rugby, video games, cooking, and spending time with his loving family and friends.
- Saint Louis University
- John Cooke School of Business
- Business Administration with a Concentration in Economics
- Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude (2014)
- The Ohio State University
- Moritz College of Law
- The Ohio State Journal of Dispute Resolution, Managing Editor
- Doctor of Jurisprudence (2019)
- The Ohio Supreme Court