Danielle Lusardo Schantz is an associate attorney at McGown & Markling, which is a statewide law firm representing public entities, officials, and employees throughout Ohio in diverse practice areas.
Prior to joining McGown & Markling, Danielle was a member of the University of Akron School of Law faculty teaching legal writing and research classes. Danielle was invited to join the faculty after graduating summa cum laude from Akron Law and serving as Editor in Chief of the Akron Law Review. During law school, Danielle also externed with Judge Julie Schafer at the Court of Appeals of Ohio, Judge Solomon Oliver at the U.S. District Court, and Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor at the Ohio Supreme Court.
Before attending law school, Danielle had a successful career in Student Affairs including, but not limited to, serving as the Director of Residence Life at the College of Wooster where she was responsible for the management of the residential campus. Danielle also held roles in Safety & Security Access Control, Campus Accreditation, and New Student Orientation. In all of these roles, Danielle worked collaboratively with campus constituencies to provide for the educational and co-curricular student experience.
When not practicing law, Danielle enjoys spending time with her husband, Peter, and their two wonderful sons, each of whom are very involved with sports ranging from ice hockey to travel basketball and baseball to flag football. Danielle also shares her time with several community organizations including, but not limited to, the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Wayne County, the Wooster/Orrville NAACP, and Kiwanis Club of Wooster. Danielle also served as a member of the Wooster City School District’s Diversity Committee and the chair of the Wooster City School District’s Cornerstone PlayLab Project, which opened the summer of 2016 in the Wooster City School District’s largest and most economically diverse elementary school.
- Baldwin Wallace (College) University
- Political Science and Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude (1998)
- Loyola University of Chicago
- Higher Education Administrator
- Masters of Education (2001)
- University of Akron School of Law
- Publication: Schantz, Danielle Lusardo (2017) “Access to Justice: Impact of Twombly & Iqbal on State Court Systems,” Akron Law Review: Vol. 51: Iss. 3, Article 12 (available at: https://ideaexchange.uakron.edu/akronlawreview/vol51/iss3/12)
- Juris Doctorate, summa cum laude (2019)
- Akron Bar Association
- Kiwanis Club of Wooster
- Ohio Bar Association
- Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Wayne County
- Wayne County Bar Association
- Wooster/Orrville NAACP
- Wooster City School District Diversity Taskforce
- Wooster City School District PlayLab Project
- The Ohio Supreme Court